About Mayor Jose "Joe" Moreno
MARRIED: Lorna (Jacobs), 28 years
FAMILY: Lindsay 28 (husband Hal Miller), Anthony 27, Zachary
26, Stefnie 22 (husband Josh Durbin), grandchildren: Payton 5, and Maddie Miller 1.
EMPLOYMENT: 3M Company, Cordova, Illinois, 25 years.
RESIDENCE: 2617 4th Street. Life long East Moline resident.
EDUCATION: UTHS, BHC
- Founder of the East Moline Volunteer Corps
- Race Director of July 4th Firecracker Run, 12 years.
- Coached Little League, Youth Soccer, Youth Basketball.
- Founder of Youth Track Club (set to open in spring of 2005).
- Founder & Race Director of Quad Cities Marathon, 8 years.
- Avid and continuous volunteer for numerous local events, charities, fundraisers.
- Elected 3rd Ward Alderman, 12 years (1989-2001).
- Elected Mayor of East Moline, past 4 years (2001-2005).
- East Moline Liquor Commissioner (2001-2005).
- Elected Precinct Committeeman, 16 years (1989-2005).
- Chairman of the newly created 'Downtown Image Committee.
- Chaired various Municipal Committees (including Finance, Municipal Services, Committee of the Whole).
- Serving on the following Boards and Commissions:
Bi-State Planning Commission, Vice Chair (2002-2003).
Quad City Development Group.
Illinois Municipal League Legislative Committee (recently appointed).
Illinois QC Chamber of Commerce.
Rock Island Arsenal Development Group.
East Moline Park Board (served 11 years).
State of Illinois Terrorism Task Force.
HOBBIES: Running, Family Time, Exercise, Running, Listening to Music,
Marathons, and more Running.
AWARDS: 3M Community Volunteer Award, Corn Belt Running Club Humanitarian Award, Denny Jacobs Public Servant Award, Virginia
Raymond Humanitarian Award, River Action's Eddy Award, Winner of the Mayor's Cup Challenge
"Joe Moreno has worked hard to make East Moline and the
entire Quad Cities a better place. His initiatives and
follow-through have proven him to be an effective leader."
Living Lands and Waters
Joe on the
:: economic development
:: community involvement
:: taxes, services and user rates
:: streets, alleys and infrastructure